| Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
It is rather unusual at home to have a sauce with grilled fish.
However, a couple of ounces of a nicely seasoned sauce will compliment
your fish in both taste and appearance. Try it, you’ll like it.
It is worth the effort.
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
Yield: about 1 cup or 4 servings
See Abbreviations, if needed
large red peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
shallots or 4 spring onions, sliced
clove garlic, halved
snipped fresh basil or 1t dried
1. Char the peppers on all sides over a gas flame or under the
broiler on a sheet pan,
being careful to char only the skin and not the flesh, about 5 minutes
over the gas flame
or 10 minutes under the broiler.
2. Place each hot pepper in an aluminum foil tent to cool
3. When cool, scrape off the charred skin.
|TIP: Over the sink, scrape off the charred skin with a
paring knife. Use running water to clean and wet the knife blade. Do not
run water over the pepper. It gets very messy.
4. Halve, deseed and coarsely chop the red pepper and set aside
5. Sweat onions, S/P and garlic in oil. Remove from heat
6. Add red peppers, mustard, basil and honey
7. Puree sauce in blender
8. Serve warm, on the side, with fish or with chicken